Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Benefits of BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu emphasizes taking an opponent to the ground and utilizing ground fighting techniques and submission holds involving joint-locks and chokeholds also found in numerous other arts with or without ground fighting emphasis. The premise is that most of the advantage of a larger, stronger opponent comes from superior reach and more powerful strikes, both of which are somewhat negated when grappling on the ground.
- BJJ is an excellent form of self defence and fitness. Similar values are employed by BJJ as our other martial arts including Respect, Discipline Focus and Empowerment.
- BJJ employs a ranking system through belt colour which will be employed and honoured through BJJ at Sydney Combat Sports Academy.
- We have joined forces with Team Perosh Mixed Martial Arts which is headed by 4th Degree BJJ Black Belt and UFC veteran Anthony Perosh. Our instructors have been trained directly by Anthony Perosh.
All our BJJ instructors have been trained directly by Anthony Perosh.
Anthony has been doing martial arts for 25 years and has been coaching for 19 years and currently teaches at his academy in Five Dock. He has 500 students to his academy including successful BJ and MMA competition teams.
- 2018 World Masters 4 BJJ Open Champion
- 5 UFC wins from 2011 to 2015
- Bronze Medal 2003 World Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships – Brown Belt
- Silver Medal 2000 Pan American BJJ Championships – Purple Belt
- Bronze Medal 1999 World Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships – Blue Belt
- 5 time ADCC veteran
- 10 time Australian BJJ Champion
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Timetable
All SCS Academy Unlimited Memberships include unlimited access to all classes except Taekwon-Do. See all timetables for days and times.
Flip phone to landscape or scroll across to see all days
7:30pm – 8:30pm
7:30pm – 8:30pm